Southern Federal University is the largest scientific and educational center in the South of Russia. The University traces its history back to 1915, when the Imperial Warsaw University moved to the city of Rostov-on-Don.
The Southern Federal University was formed within the framework of the national project "Education" by order of the Government of the Russian Federation dated November 23, 2006 N1616-r and by order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation dated December 4, 2006 N1447 by joining three universities to Rostov State University: Taganrog State Radio Engineering University ; Rostov State Pedagogical University; Rostov State Academy of Architecture and Arts.
Since July 2010, the University has changed its status and became a federal state autonomous educational institution.
SFedU is located in the cities of Rostov-on-Don and Taganrog, which is due to the scale of the university and a wide range of tasks: the formation of the university as a leading center for the training of highly qualified specialists; development of fundamental and applied research; inclusion in international research and educational networks.
SFedU is currently confirming its leadership in the research, educational and innovation activities of the country and equal and full-scale functioning in the network of the world's leading universities. The high quality of education at SFedU is ensured by fundamental training and integration of education with science.
Southern Federal University is one of the leaders in the field of international cooperation of Russian universities. Recent years have been characterized by the intensification of the international activities of the university and its departments, in particular, the expansion of the geography of cooperation and its information support, the positive dynamics of academic mobility, the number of foreign students, the number of international projects of prestigious European programs.
International Denomination: Southern Federal University, SFedU
Established: October 27, 1915
Rector: Inna Konstantinovna Shevchenko
Address: 344006, Russia, Rostov-on-Don, Bolshaya Sadovaya street, 105/42
Phone number: +7(863) 2 370 370